For the treatment and prevention of fleas on cats
Advantage flea treatment for cats is applied to your cat’s skin and gets to work quickly, killing existing fleas within one day and re-infesting fleas within an hour and for up to a month. Advantage is a spot-on solution that is easy to apply and kills fleas on contact, so fleas don’t have to bite to die. Simple to use, Advantage helps give you peace of mind in the fight against fleas.
A monthly external skin spot on treatment that controls:
- Existing fleas
- New infestations of fleas for up to 4 weeks after application
- Flea allergy dermatitis – reduces the incidence
- Larval stages of fleas
- Advantage starts working within minutes after application
- Stops fleas feeding in 3- 5 minutes after application
- Has been shown to kill adult fleas within 20 minutes after application
- Safe for use on pregnant and lactating animals
- Treatment of the lactating mother provides flea protection for the unweaned litter
- Safe to use in conjunction with intestinal worm treatments and daily or monthly heartworm prevention treatments
- Regular use of the product will break the flea life cycle as it kills immature stages of fleas in the environment
How does Advantage work?
Advantage contains an active ingredient, imidacloprid, that works fast and is able to kill fleas on contact, as it is not absorbed into the bloodstream. The active ingredient remains in the lipid (oily/fatty) layer of your cat’s skin and fur. It also kills flea larvae in the home. As your cat naturally sheds their dead skin and fur, imidacloprid is also shed into the environment. Larvae are killed within 20 minutes of contact with this imidacloprid. This breaks the flea lifecycle.